Classic granola takes a ride on the wild side teaming up with dried wild blueberries in this easier-than-you-think homemade granola. The ingredients are simple, but the melange of flavors is complex: savory toasted almonds, sweet honey and blueberries and hints of cinnamon and vanilla. I like to make it the night before so we can just roll out of bed on Saturday morning and build up parfaits in a snap.
- 3 c Old-fashioned oats
- 1 c Raw almonds
- 4 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- Generous pinch of salt
- 1/3 c Honey
- 2 tbsp Unrefined virgin coconut oil (Whole Foods)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 c Dried wild blueberries (Trader Joe’s)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine in a bowl, oats, almonds, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Combine in a saucepan over low heat, coconut oil, honey and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour honey mixture over oat mixture and use your hands to evenly cover oats. Turn out onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes, tossing the granola every 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove pan from oven, place on a cooling rack and stir in dried blueberries. The granola will take on a crunchy texture as it cools.
Serve with Greek vanilla yogurt and fresh fruit. Store in an air tight container.