As promised, today I’ve got all the sources used to create the nursery look compiled in one place! You may notice we stayed pretty true to the original concept board with the exception of the crib, accessories and some of the art. The yellow applique pillow, mobile, knot pillow and doorknob banner are DIY’s that will be coming at ya (some) as video tutorials in the month of February, so stay tuned! If you missed the full reveal and video tour, head here to check it out.
Today is the big day! We’ve been working hard to renovate the nursery and after several weeks I’m excited and relieved to say it’s done. And just in the nick of time might I add: our due date is less than 2 weeks away! At the beginning of this process, I had no idea what I wanted this space to look like, only that I wanted it to feel Nordic, fun and playful, a space that might spark imagination and foster creativity.
When we found out we were having a girl, I have to admit my mind immediately went towards the color pink: girly pink with white and neutrals. But the more visual research I did on Pinterest, the more I came to the realization that Ken and I don’t even really like the color pink. And we all know the baby doesn’t have a preference what her room looks like yet, so why not create a space that we’ll enjoy spending long hours rocking our little one to sleep in. Let’s kick things off with what this room looked like BEFORE, shall we?
It’s been 6 weeks of renovation and the nursery is nearly finished! Today I’ve got a little peek of the room for you and want to talk specifically about the art we chose because it’s one of my favorite things in the room and honestly probably the easiest things to execute.
Once the old ice damage was fixed, the board & batten and wallcovering were up, it was time to think about art, and we worked with Framebridge to make it happen. Framing is their specialty, which means they have it down to a science, from the ordering process, to the personal note tucked in with each framed piece, to including the hardware needed to hang your specific piece. It’s obvious there’s a lot of thought and love that goes into their craft.
Uffda! I feel like we’ve made leaps and bounds of progress in the nursery recently. I’m going to walk through the board & batten progress today with still photos, but make sure to check out the video at the bottom for more real time views of the space!
Good Afternoon! I’m back with an update on what’s been happening in the nursery. As you know, we suspected some water damage on the west wall due to decades of ice dams, and as we pulled back the lath and plaster, we found some extremely rotted, uninsulated 2×4’s that needed replacing. However, no moisture or signs of mold as there was also a little hole in the exterior plaster that we’re assuming allowed everything to dry over the years. The plan was to replace the wall’s 2×4’s, insulate and dry wall, but before we could get started, we had to address the drooping ceiling crest.
Okay guys, you’ve seen the before photos, and now you’re probably wondering what the heck we have planned for this space! Here’s a breakdown of the scope of the project:
As you guys know, we have a little girl on the way arriving next month, and after adding a Murphy bed to our office to accommodate guests, we’re ready to tackle the ol’ beige guest room, and turn it into a nursery!
The “Before” of the room is pretty innocuous, but it’s also pretty boring. Just like the entire rest of the house, this room was painted beige too. I’m not kidding, from the kitchen to the bath to the living room to the bedrooms. EVERY room was painted the same color beige. Above is a picture of the room from the For Sale listing and you can see even the hallway was beige. No real complaints here though, beige is easier to cover up than say deep royal purple!
With a full year of home projects under our belts (and because I’m pregnant and unapologetically sentimental right now), I decided to take a look back through everything we’ve tackled in this house so far. Seeing it all rounded up in one place, I almost couldn’t believe how far we’ve come since closing in July of 2015. Though much of the main kitchen and the upstairs apartment kitchen renovations (we have an upstairs apartment that we rent out) were tackled at the end of 2015, finishing touches and the actual blog posts went up in 2016, so I decided to include these spaces as well. I’ve linked each before/after pairing back to the original post in case you want to see more or are looking for a product source. I hope you enjoy the walk back through this year’s home projects as much as I did!