Today is the big day! We’ve been working hard to renovate the nursery and after several weeks I’m excited and relieved to say it’s done. And just in the nick of time might I add: our due date is less than 2 weeks away! At the beginning of this process, I had no idea what I wanted this space to look like, only that I wanted it to feel Nordic, fun and playful, a space that might spark imagination and foster creativity.
When we found out we were having a girl, I have to admit my mind immediately went towards the color pink: girly pink with white and neutrals. But the more visual research I did on Pinterest, the more I came to the realization that Ken and I don’t even really like the color pink. And we all know the baby doesn’t have a preference what her room looks like yet, so why not create a space that we’ll enjoy spending long hours rocking our little one to sleep in. Let’s kick things off with what this room looked like BEFORE, shall we?
It’s been 6 weeks of renovation and the nursery is nearly finished! Today I’ve got a little peek of the room for you and want to talk specifically about the art we chose because it’s one of my favorite things in the room and honestly probably the easiest things to execute.
Once the old ice damage was fixed, the board & batten and wallcovering were up, it was time to think about art, and we worked with Framebridge to make it happen. Framing is their specialty, which means they have it down to a science, from the ordering process, to the personal note tucked in with each framed piece, to including the hardware needed to hang your specific piece. It’s obvious there’s a lot of thought and love that goes into their craft.
Ah, behold the latent design power of the throw pillow. AKA soft little squares (or in this case, circles) of goodness that can single-handedly change the feeling or direction of a room, spark conversation, or soften an otherwise uninviting chair or nook. Yes folks, they’re magic when it comes to interior decor which is why they’re the easy answer to updating your space just enough to cure the restless, “I’m sick of my house” cabin fever that inevitably sets in this time of year.
Uffda! I feel like we’ve made leaps and bounds of progress in the nursery recently. I’m going to walk through the board & batten progress today with still photos, but make sure to check out the video at the bottom for more real time views of the space!
‘Tis that time of year when we’re busy making resolutions for the new year in an effort to make 2017 the best one yet. Did you guys make any goals? One of the things I really want to accomplish is being more present and less plugged into my iPhone. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a blogger, so emailing, Instagramming, Pinteresting, & Tweeting very much come with the territory. But with our first baby arriving in weeks, I want to make sure I can find a manageable balance between the two.
Good Afternoon! I’m back with an update on what’s been happening in the nursery. As you know, we suspected some water damage on the west wall due to decades of ice dams, and as we pulled back the lath and plaster, we found some extremely rotted, uninsulated 2×4’s that needed replacing. However, no moisture or signs of mold as there was also a little hole in the exterior plaster that we’re assuming allowed everything to dry over the years. The plan was to replace the wall’s 2×4’s, insulate and dry wall, but before we could get started, we had to address the drooping ceiling crest.
Okay guys, you’ve seen the before photos, and now you’re probably wondering what the heck we have planned for this space! Here’s a breakdown of the scope of the project: