Do you guys have people coming to stay for the Holidays? My sister was in town the first week of December celebrating for the Holidays, so we had our guest space in good working order a bit earlier than usual. With the Holidays approaching at lightning speed (seems like anyways!) I thought I’d share some of the things we kept in mind while preparing the room for her arrival, just in case you have people coming to stay too!
When getting the room ready…
- Layer the Bed with extra blankets and pillows so guests can get cozy in a way that suits them!
- Lighting // Consider including a sconce or night light with an on/off switch that can be accessed from bed.
- Keep Decor Thoughtful, but Minimal // An uncluttered space is always more welcoming.
- Fresh Flowers // Speaking of decor, flowers are an inexpensive way to add a special welcoming vibe to the guest room, not to mention flowers smell amazing!
- Hooks for Belongings // If closet space isn’t available in the room (like ours!) mount a hook or two on the wall for hanging up personal belongings.
- Towels // Set towels out, or make sure guests know where they’re stored so they don’t need to ask when hopping in the shower.
- Wi-fi Credentials // Dig out your wi-fi credentials so you don’t have that deer-in-headlights look if they want to connect up.
- Open a Window // About 1 hour before guests arrive, crack a window (as long as it’s not 30 below!) to get the air moving and keep things smelling fresh in the room.
Want to see the BEFORE of this room? See the re design process HERE!
If you liked this post, please share the love! And don’t forget to pin for later…