I initially made this display board for two office photo shoots I had going on in the month of June. We were scrambling for something to hang above my desk, so I bought a cheap cork board off Amazon and 1 yard of linen fabric from the fabric store, and my intent was just to throw something together as fast as humanly possible. It actually turned out pretty great, so I ended up using it on the 2nd shoot as well. Want to know I made this bad boy in 10 minutes? Don’t blink because you might miss this tutorial!
Just kidding, I’m going to break out the steps pretty detailed so you have all the info. Just read through everything and then get to work on your own. You’ll have it done faster than you can make a croque monsieur.
- 23″x 35″ Cork Board
- 1 yard of Linen fabric
- Heavy duty staple gun + Staples
- Lay your fabric face down on the ground and lay the cork board face down on top of it. Cut the linen down so it’s about 3″ larger on all sides.
- Pick a side, and begin stapling the linen to the backside of the board. Because you’re going to pull the linen super tight around the board, it’s helpful to fold the linen over once before stapling both layers to back of the board. As you can see in the first photo, I didn’t do this at first and ended up having to pull the staples out and restaple with the fabric doubled over.
- Work your way stapling down the first side of the board. Then rotate the board 180 degrees, pull the linen super tight and staple it to the back of the board. (Don’t forget to fold the fabric over on itself once first.)
- Once the fabric on the two opposite sides are stapled, start in on the two remaining sides, pulling the fabric taught as you go.
C’est tout, mes amies. C’est tout!
Want another DIY quickie? This quirky little stool is another fun one!