Summer is fleeting us. And it’s about this time every summer that I start to freak out a little. Fall is just around the corner, yet it feels like summer just got here, and it becomes painfully clear there are tons of things I still want to do before it turns cold. Anyone else feel the same?
Relishing summer nights with good friends over good food is one of those things I can never quite get enough of. So I thought I’d share a few ideas and inspiration to throw one last al fresco dinner party this summer, whether it’s in your backyard or a pop up party in a park. Let’s make the most of these last few weeks. Cheers!
- Position your dining table under a tree, and use the branches as a framework to string cafe lights.
- Keep the tablescape simple (and easy!) with a single type of plant or flower, and of course candles.
- Layer hard surfaces with blankets and pillows for a cozy effect.
- Focus on fresh simple ingredients that can be prepared ahead of time. This way you’ll spend more time outside with your guests and less time in the kitchen.
- Keep the vibe laid back and playful with prosecco + popsicles for dessert!